Fire Full Moon
Do you know what is happening this weekend? A Fire Full Moon in Sagitarius on Friday, June 9th 2017. That means everything you say and do will have a more intense effect. So as any good Pitta would do, I have written out a plan for success during this astrological opportunity that is upon us.
I teach people to teach Ayurveda and Yoga. Teaching someone to be a teacher means to teach them how to manage energy so that they can bring the knowledge through in the most digestible way possible. This weekend I have a class of 25 students and I will be talking for a good part of 22 hours over the course of the 3-day weekend. It takes a tremendous amount of preparation and courage to put myself out there in a such a way (I am actually an introvert). As I prepare for my June weekend, I am struck by the fact that there is a Full Fire Moon in Sagittarius with powerful astrological transits during our weekend class. I was shaking in my Ayurvedic Yoga boots when I realized this. Although I believe I have been preparing for many lifetimes to do this job and that it is my dharma, it still takes me days of building power and organizing myself to get ready for our immersion weekends. But the June weekend will take even more preparation as there will be a lot of intense energy to work with because more energy will be coming through. Please see my plan for navigating the Fire Full Moon below.
The Goal Is To Ground The Fire - To Contain The Fire
1) FIRST STEP IS TO BRING VATA BACK INTO ITS SEAT IN THE PELVIC CAVITY;
• Time In Nature
• Touching the Earth
• Early to bed (10:30PM is the absolute latest)
• Do something with your hands (cooks, garden, hug your loved ones-human and furry loved ones alike)
• Bring your presence into your body with yoga & deep belly breathing
2) CALL THE FIRE HOME TO ITS SEAT (The seat of Pitta is behind the belly button in the small intestine.) We have many ways to do this in Ayurvedic Yoga
• Makarasana (crocodile pose)
• Kapalabhati (skull shining breath not breath of fire)
• Calling Home the Doshas (marma therapy sequence)
• Agni Sara (powerful kriya, must have teacher)
• Meditation with Prithvi Mudra (Mudra to increase the Earth Element)
3) PAY ATTENTION TO THE PROCESS OF INTEGRATION
• Allow more time for things
• Remind everyone to check - in with how they are feeling (i.e. don't let things build up)
• Take some time for journaling
4) SET INTENTION TO GO DEEP AND OPEN TO POWER IN A SOOTHING, GENTLE, AND HEALING WAY
What does the astrological weekend look like?
On Friday Saturn will be at work
Saturn can turn into “constriction” or “structure that works.” It just depends on how we manage the energy.
On Saturday Mars will be at work
Mars can turn into “aggression” or “strong flow.” It just depends on how we manage the energy.
On Sunday Pluto will be at work
Pluto is transformation, but it could bring “death” (meaning metaphorical death, i.e. death of a belief system or a story that no longer serves us, etc.) or just “depth.” It just depends on how we manage the energy.