Hydration with electrolytes
Think bubbling brooks, lush greenery, and full deep breathing to bring the body into a peaceful and naturally calm state. Saturate your cells with oxygen, water, and nature!
You are not just looking for something that is cooling but more importantly, something that is refreshing to your body on a cellular level. Iced latte is cold to the tongue, but the caffeine is very stimulating and dehydrating. Long term this causes burn out on many levels. Your best bets for truly refreshing and hydrating beverages are:
1) Freshly juiced vegetables – (incredibly hydrating on a deep cellular level)
2) Fresh coconut water – (nature's perfect electrolyte)
3) Hibiscus tea – (natural refrigerant)
4) Purified water with a pinch of Himalayan Pink salt, fresh cucumber slices and mint leaves (Make sure you take plenty of water with electrolytes away from meals)
5) Pomegranate Aloe Lime Spritzer – astringent, cooling, and soothing electrolyte drink
6) Organic Grapes are nourishing and hydrating
Work with your Ayurvedic Practitioner to find out which of these would be best for you. Large amounts of raw, juiced cruciferous vegetables will often put a strain on someone with a weak or stagnated liver. A beet, apple and carrot juice will send most people’s blood sugar through the roof. It is important that you work with a trained professional to find out how to use the foods and herbals teas in a way that supports you!
Ayurvedic tip for cooling your body in a healthy way: If you do want to cool your drink with ice then wait until the ice melts before enjoying it since room-temperature beverages are best.